Should I outsource my data entry? How do I know if a vendor is any good? Questions every company or organization ask. Whether you are a small company wanting to create a mailing list of your clients, or a large multi-national company engaged in an ongoing loyalty card marketing campaign, data entry work is a universal service that almost every company, at some point, finds necessary.
First, you need to decide if outsourcing your data entry needs is right for you. Here are a few reasons why organizations choose to outsource.
Hands down, lowering internal cost is the primary reason why most decide to try and outsource their data entry work. Instead of paying employees to perform data entry jobs, they outsource the work to third party vendors.
High Quality Work
Let the experts do the work. Let’s face it, if your employee is not engaged in regular data entry work the skill set just might not be there. Third party vendors generally can produce much higher quality work, simply because they are the experts. A reputable company will offer quality guarantees based on the type of work and how you choose to have the work keyed.
Turn Time (speed)
Getting you work back quickly is an important fact of business. Most third party vendors have a large staff of workers ready to work on your project, and can spread out the work thus greatly increasing the production rate.
Ok, so now we have decided that outsourcing is the way to go. What next? Ahhh… the all important task of selecting the right vendor for you.
A simple search on the web and you will find yourself swamped with ads offering data entry services (as well as those ads offering at home work opportunities), so how do you know who to pick. Well before you just throw darts at a list, there are few questions you might first ask yourself.
- Do I want my work to be completed in the US, or offshore?
- How do I want my data to look when it is returned to me?
- What information do I want collected?
- Do I want to physically send the originals?
- What is my budget?
- How soon do I need the work completed
These are just a few sample questions, designed to get the brain thinking and get you on the right track.
As with all things in life, asking questions is the best way to make an informed decision. Here are few essential questions, I recommend asking any data entry vendor you are considering.
- How big is your company? do you specialize in any particular type of data entry? And how many projects have you worked on?
- Has your company done or are currently working on projects similar to mine?
- Do you make client references available?
- What resources and software do you have available and use?
- Will my data be safe and kept confidential?
- Where is your work done? Do you offer domestic and offshore options?
Again, these are just a few questions to keep in mind. You will have questions specific to your project you will want to ask.
I hope you find this information helpful. If you need more help feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am more than happy to help.